View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 05:33 PM   #138
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro509 View Post
Comfort level, experience, driving conditions, economy, physical limitations and of course personal preference all have a part to play in selecting the transmission. I'm perfectly o.k. with a muscle car with an automatic, I don't think it takes anything away from the image at all, considering the advancements made in that technology over the past several years.

30 years or more ago most of the autos available couldn't handle the torque and horse power of the 'big' engines, without spending an annual salary on one that is. Modern autos can be had for cheap (comparably speaking that is) andcan handle engine outputs that were unheard of back in the day.

I'd be happy to ride in any of your auto-Camaro's (hell, I'd be happy to ride in ANY Camaro right now)
The Camaro automatic is cheap at $1000 compared to some. I replace a tranny in a F250 a few years ago, price $3000. The Alisson tranny behind the Chevy (Isuzu) Duramax is a lot more than that.

The track times aren't that much different between the auto and the TR6060. Soon enough people will have stalls and modified pumps and clutches for the automatic and it will probably run faster than the M6. (Providing both engines are stock for the comparison)