View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 01:44 AM   #653
Camaricopa

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS BLK/ORG
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
OK - I don't mean to sound harsh..........

But let me make sure I'm understanding what you're saying:

You've driven the 1LE and a 2012 SS back to back -- right?

(...and the answer is "Wrong!".......)

Again - not to be harsh -- ......but.........

--Perhaps you should consider waiting to drive the 1LE prior to making such pronouncements.

(by the way - the SSX really had nothing to do with the 1LE -- other than that they both have "Camaro" on them and they both share similar wheels...)
fbodfather. No Worries I take no offense. I am speaking of the dissapointment I personaly am feeling of what GM is going to market as a "Track Pack" car.
My statment wasn't comparing the 1LE to a stock 2012 SS, it's comparing it to a used SS with more bang for the buck upgrades. This is coming from someone who has been going to the track at least 1 weekend (sometimes 2-3) a month for a year and a half. I have done some modest mods and have been contimplating on how far I want to take my car. It would have been nice to start over with something farther along then what GM came out with. I'm pretty sure I coudn't even take the 1LE out on the track until a flushed the DOT3 brake Fluid out with something with a decent high boiling point.
Never really compared the 1LE to the SSX but which one do you think fits the description of "Track Pack". But if your telling me there might still be a chance that the SSX concept still might make some kind of appearance because it isn't connected to the 1LE...I'm all ears. Here in the great state of AZ where many a Camaro's have been sold, I can count on 1 hand the # of other Camaro's I have seen in NASA,SCCA or ASA for the last 1.5 yrs. I'm the only one.
So I figured perhaps I'm the niche market they are targetting. Take aim.....oooh way wide left. Try again.
I actually hope some folks do buy it and take to the track, would be good to see some folks out here sharing the fun.
Camaricopa is offline   Reply With Quote