View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 02:46 PM   #49
cannondalerider
LSWEE

Drives: CGM LS3 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinMatt View Post
Agree 100%. People would ask a lot about swapping an I6 into their 4 cylinder Wrangler all the time. Not worth it. Different transmission and spline count, plus all the other stuff underhood that Tag already mentioned. The insurance money would cost less than an engine swap anyway
Yeah... I know... but it would also mean having a more rare car, something special. I totally agree the cost of the vehicle would be more, much more, than if the factory offered what I want. But that is just the thing. I know what I want, and cannot justify spending 25k-30k on a car that isn't going to make me happy... I don't mind the extra cost associated with having a car that I feel is just right. Look at people that bag trucks: sure, they could swap springs, shocks, whatever, but they spend the extra money, change a whole bunch of parts, and are genuinely happy with the end result. Basically any car mod will have its benefits and costs and its just how people weigh those and make a decision they will enjoy.

The insurance part of what I said didn't make sense... what can I say, drunkin' posting...
cannondalerider is offline   Reply With Quote