View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 05:30 PM   #8
IPF-Tuning

Drives: Camaro, CTS-V, Escalade, GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
I wouldn't like the idea of buying a FI system that's being discontinued. Maybe if it was a smoking deal but definitely not at full price.

I guess it might make sense for someone with a 10-11 as they will pretty much have no good options now.

I was sad to see this, I know the market is small for v6 FI but I'm suprised they are discontinuing it. Seems like all the jigs would be made and a kit could be built anytime maybe just raise the price.. But I'm a mechanic not a businessman so I'm sure there's more to it than that. I know Fabberge told me they never intended to sell a ton of v6 kits. The future will bring more sales with the car getting older.
This is the first production FI kit to market for these cars, we have been doing these for about 4 years, if we raise the price any more, no one would buy it... CNC Machined parts made in the USA are expensive... If you ask a machinist to make one or two pieces the price goes up by 500%+ no kidding, we must build 50 units at a time to be in the proper profit margins, Not to mention the expensive Vortech head units must also be bought in quantity's as well for distributor pricing.
IPF-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote