View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 08:03 AM   #34
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Service a Problem for Chevy's????

I usually don't buy a car based on a dealers particular service dept. If they are bad, I won't use them. If they are good, I will only use them if I can't get it done near my house. If I need warranty, then I will take it to them. But..... that's kind of rare. Service BEFORE the sale? Hmmmm... like putting on the $600 First Place Finish? Not trying to be difficult here, but I find "service" not really a significant buying influence. I know the dealers try to promote that on TV - mainly because that is their bread and butter dept. - but I'm not sold. And I know... you will say.... once I experience a "bad" service dept I will make it a higher influence. But NO! Dealers change people every year (some turnover, what might be the %)... I don't know. I know there are good dealerships out there, and the fact I only have 1 Caddy dealer within a 80 mile radius, and the closest is 50 miles, it just doesn't calculate for me. But I AM BUYING from an HONEST, ETHICAL, TOP QUALITY dealership from City Chevrolet. But, it's not based on service.
No Caddy can give me this look..........

htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote