View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 07:41 AM   #29
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Headers to GM's NPP has been the preferred route for modern GM performance vehicles since they dropped it in the Corvette in 2006. Allows valve control without buying a $2,500-$4,000 Meistershaft, Akrapovic, etc. system. Allows for just fine performance UNLESS you're shooting at BIG numbers. NPP systems are 2.5". 3" gains power at any level, but it's mostly if you're north of 750-800 RWHP that you'll notice a gain, and only over 800 RWHP will you notice a gain worth feeling in your pants.
I feel confident I'll never scratch half of what the ZL1 can offer so it's really just sound for me and the idea of running headers to the track modes open valves rustles my jimmies.. in a very positive way. I really enjoyed my S type cat back from LTs in the 5th gen but like you said, the valve control with them peaks my interest. I think that with the rotofab Intake should keep me happy for a long while.
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote