View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 10:10 PM   #1
td195f

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #786
TPMS Sensors under Road Course Conditions

So I've been tracking my Z/28 since I purchased new and noticed that the rear TPMS sensors, especially the left rear, tend to go to no output, display a - instead of a pressure value, and turn on the Service TPMS light and warning message while on track.

Sometimes they come back with a reading within an hour sometimes they don't come back until relearned and at least one won't relearn. (I have three sets of Z/28 wheels with different types of tires)

I initially thought it might have been a bad sensor(s) but when I put a new set of tires on this fall I replaced all four sensors and the new set had the same rear TPMS issue as the previous sensors during my first session out on track with them.

Primarily running at Watkins Glen, which heavily loads and heats the left rear tire. I've also had this same problem at NCMMSP, Mid-Ohio and Mosport. I think it's a heat issue but not sure. I am not overpressurizing the sensor. I go out cold at 26 to 26.5 psi and typically end up at about 34 psi hot.

Anyone else seeing this type of problem with your TPMS when the tires get heavily loaded/used? Any insights on what the cause may be and fixes?
2015 Z/28 #786 - Black
2004 Silverado 3500 Dually - D'Max - Suncoast - Banks - Edge - Custom Tune by D'Max Tuner / Spitzer '32 Bantam Altered Drag Car - Blown Alcohol 380 CI Small Block Chevy
td195f is offline   Reply With Quote