View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 09:43 PM   #4
td195f

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #786
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerio View Post
My right front sensor did same thing on a very hot track day. Swapped it out. No problems with it since then.

I track my car a lot and it has only happened once, so I figure at worst it's only going to be an occasional nuisance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_t View Post
No issues for me so far. I've tracked with Nittos, Pirelli Trofeos, and now with Michelin Cups and the sensors have always worked fine. The only thing I've noticed is they respond quite slowly if you watch them live while pressurising the tyres on the car with a portable pump. Other than that they seem pretty good on mine, maybe you got unlucky with a dodgy one?

I've also heard of tyre shops damaging them during tyre fitment on other makes/models, don't know if this could be a potential issue with ours too?
Thanks for the responses. It's been very annoying as I like to do a quick check at the end of my first lap to see how much pressure has built up before I push the tires hard. If I swap the rears side to side the left rear will go out even though that same tire was fine on the right rear.
2015 Z/28 #786 - Black
2004 Silverado 3500 Dually - D'Max - Suncoast - Banks - Edge - Custom Tune by D'Max Tuner / Spitzer '32 Bantam Altered Drag Car - Blown Alcohol 380 CI Small Block Chevy
td195f is offline   Reply With Quote