View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 03:54 PM   #1
Bangarang

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT SIM w/ Carbon Fiber
SES Light Coming up

So I bought my 2010 Camaro LT used through an auto broker who didn't know much about the vehicle but it was a steal compared to other cars in BC. I took it in for an oil change and discovered there's a warranty block due to a tune that was installed by the previous owner. I somewhat expected this, as the car has had a lot of aftermarket parts installed on it, wasn't too upset about the warranty.

However, the Service Engine Soon just came up not too long ago (surprised it's taken this long because it has headers, exhaust, CAI, suspension upgrades) but now my remote start wont work. So, I'm wondering if there's any point in taking it to GM to get the code checked due to the fact that it's been tuned.

Will their diagnostic tool be able to work with a tuned ECM? Will they wipe my tune and I have to pay another shop to re-tune it? I'm not even sure what type of tuner was used on it so it's not like i can just buy another tuning tool and reset the code.

Winter's coming and I'd like to be able to start my car from inside the house rather than running out to it!
Bangarang is offline   Reply With Quote