View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 09:06 PM   #14
13lstuner

Drives: 2013 2LS BLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTruck View Post
I worked at Discount Tire for a time, after that getting dirty or chemicals on your hands doesn't mean much... lol

Although I think I remember touching my face while doing the Iron-X and that was really weird.
Oh alright gotcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlietuna View Post
Nice work. APC and a lot of work with a tooth brush for the wax on the trim. The car, looks beautiful I can't believe how go this came out with only a one step polish.
I was too. Like I said some spots took two full "cycles" of polishing. So I had to polish, buff off residue, polish again. My test panel I didn't have to do that. It seemed to me that the paint on the sides of the car was softer than the top. Though it might just be the top scratches were deeper. Because when I had to do two cycles the scratches were very light and polishing with a polishing pad didn't remove them completely, so I did another pass with almost no pressure and that worked perfectly.

I continue to be completely impressed with the FG400. It is just amazing. I'll never go to any job without it again.

And I tried full strength APC on the trim. Maybe I'll try a Meduim or Hard bristled brush next time instead of an old soft one.