View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 02:33 PM   #1
woyster_13ss

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS
Blown Boston Acoustics Rear Speakers

I've got a 2013 Camaro SS with MyLink and the Boston Acoustics system. I did get the sub-thump 5G-X3 RCA connector and I'm running a powered Infinity Basslink in the trunk (enough thump for me).

I've been ok with this setup until recently when I noticed that my rear deck speakers are rattling and my kids have said that all they hear is muffled sound while riding in the back. I checked this morning and there is NO sound coming from one of them and the other one is rattling pretty badly.

I thought about simply replacing the blown speakers with another set of BA's, however after researching what all is involved in removing the rear deck to replace the speakers I'm second guessing that decision. If I'm going to go through the pain of replacing them, I'm wondering if it is worth putting the same BA speakers back in there. So now I'm looking into what it would require to replace them with aftermarket equipment.

I know that simply replacing the BA speakers with aftermarket won't work, so what am I looking at? I'd like to keep the powered subwoofer, if possible. And I guess while I'm replacing the rears, I might as well replace all the speakers. I don't want to break the bank, but I want some clean, crisp, quality sound that won't need to be replaced again anytime soon. And I want to keep the stock MyLink headunit.

TIA!
6.2L V8, NPP, Manual 6-Speed, GM Performance Shifter, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Bo White's Stage III Ported TB, Sunroof, Window Tint, Gen5DIY Halo & DRL Harnesses, 5000k LED DRL Bulbs, APEX Skip Shift Eliminator, Hood Spears / Front & Rear Blackout Panels / Gills from Big Worm Graphix, Gary's Customz Front & Rear Painted Bowties, Powdercoated Wheels & Camaro Badges, Painted Calipers, Plastidipped Taillight Bezels
woyster_13ss is offline   Reply With Quote