View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 06:35 AM   #26
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Oh, and one other thing about the power gains...I've noticed the guys getting the flowmaster exhaust are noticing noticable power increases. While that exhaust also seems to have a nice low tone at idle and low rpms, when under a load or reving it certainly does have rasp....hence I'm guessing its a more free flowing exhaust than these magnaflows....and thus explains the power gains.

I really like the idea of getting the gains that FM guys are talking about, but I think I'd rather have a good sound than bigger gains at this point.

So my question is, have you noticed any differences in power or torque at all, or is it more of just a noise change?
Would love to see some independent dyno testing... no one, including me, is immune to the placebo effect!!! I could have sworn I picked up some nice gains with my JBAs and a tune... but the dyno proved me wrong... all in my head! LOL! So needless to say I tend to be the Doubting Thomas when folks say "WOW, my new mod made a big performance gain!" And that's why i will continue to buy dyno time and run my car at the track...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote