Thread: Cam Motion
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 01:19 PM   #8
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZTOPZZZ View Post
Blake,

Question or two: Is this your daily driver and if so how does it react in traffic? My ride only comes out on nice sunny days and is put up for the winter. I'm left wondering how it will get along with the Procharger. Also, did you do any work on your heads? I'm wondering if the only difference between the LS3 and LS99 heads is the compression ratio. What do you think?

Thanks for your input,

Tom

P.S. I just turned 78 last week and just getting my feet wet again. The last time I fooled with this stuff it was on flathead Fords - waaaayyy back.
Hi Tom,

My car is not a daily driver. It is a 1400hp twin turbo 427 with CNCed LS7 heads. It could be a daily driver but I would get tired of stopping at the gas station every day or two because it run primarily on E85. But, I literally just sold it to a local guy so if I miss it, I can go visit.

After I changed the cam, it had much nicer low speed manners. The prior cam bucked quite a bit and made stop and go traffic just short of a nightmare. The cam and tune will dicate it's manners. Even a relatively big cam can be tamed by a competent tuner.

A procharger is a nice addition to any camaro.

The head castings themself are the same. Valves are different and the springs might be due to the cam difference. The L99 has AFM (active fuel management), VVT (variable valve timing) and lower compression. If it were me, I would do an LS3 conversion and get rid of AFM. You can keep VVT if you want though.

-Blake
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote