View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 07:01 PM   #5
dfwRobert

Drives: 11 2SS 6spd, 77 Trans Am, 13Audi Q7
Still no update really. I have had it on the lift 3 different times now checking. I've had the trans cross member out and all looks good. The trans mount looks pretty good. I lifted the trans up and down with a pole jack while the cross member was out to simulate back and forth movement. Nothing looks weird and engine mounts seemed ok when I did this.

The shifter bushings are all in good shape. The shifter is mounted solid. I nut and bolted the entire car. All suspension is tight. Guibo disc and driveshaft look good. Diff bolts are tight. I don't know what else.

Still does it though. If I easy brake all is fine. Med to hard brake from 30 plus and there is one single thunk you can easily feel in the shifter handle. I have wondered if something in the trans was funky. You would think If I have a bent shift fork or something else it would be constant and not dependent on braking and accel. Plus it does it in N. Also you would think anything internal trans would be exaggerated with faster shifting. I can give it the biz no problem and it shifts fine. It is more low speed parking lot stuff and in my neighbor hood that is the issue. I run factory fluid and have thought about swapping fluid but that wouldn't be the source of the clunk.

I will find it eventually and let everyone know.
2011 Black 2SS, 6 speed, AR long tubes, Borla S type full exhaust, Roto fab, prothane full bushing kit, Fe4 swap and 1le bars, 3.91s and a ton of other little stuff you can't see! No bling, wings, stickers, cool lights or junk without a purpose.
dfwRobert is offline   Reply With Quote