View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 08:10 PM   #189
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Everytime I read this thread, I start laughing at some of these responses....

Hey, there's a TSB on those tires for that Explorer, but because you put different rims on it, we're going to waive your warranty...

The point here, regardless of the mods the person did to the motor, is that there was a service bulletin for that particular part in question. They should have done a test on that part, and that part only.

The guy is guilty of modding his car, he's admitted to it, and he doesn't care about paying for it. What he's pissed about, and I agree with, is that GM didn't even bother to look and see if the part in question, which is a known problem, failed.

Forget the modifications to his motor for 2 seconds. If he didn't have them, they'd replace it. That's the point here.....he could have a failed oil pump (from factory). Regardless of warranty, GM should replace said failed part. I said it earlier in this thread and I'll say it again. Chrysler had to the very same thing for people who had already been out of warranty, voided warranty, or still under warranty for the lower ball joints on the 2nd gen Dakotas/1st gen Durangos...