View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 12:05 AM   #6
Dragonman

Drives: 2015 1LT OBE
Third (First real, sorta) Mod - AeroForce Interceptor Dual Gauges

This one took less time than the HUGR mod. I know hammdo asked for a video of my work and I took a couple but they came out for crap so I'll just toss in all the stills I took here. I managed the cabling a little different than he did. Had a bit of a fright after dry fitting them several times and squishin' the cables around in the pod, and the right gauge wouldn't fire up. Swapped out both gauges to the left and loosened the bezel, tried it back in the right and it wouldn't light up. Checked OBD2 connection, unplugged and re-plugged making sure it was in all the way and they both lit up.

I was under the impression from reading 3 different instruction sets over the course of a year the gauges would only display 8 different parameters after they were selected for scanning in setup. Turns out that was all wrong. That 8 different parameter thing is only for Cyclic mode. Both gauges are set now to display every parameter I thought my car would support. Left out those that required wideband sensors and a few others I don't have sensors for. Can "tab" through every selected parameter on both gauges in Normal Scan mode. My plan is to run the left gauge in normal scan mode and the right in cyclic. At the moment I'm not sure which 8 to set up so I would like to ask ya'll who might read this for some advice and guidance on what you think would be the most important/informative parameters to cycle through on the right gauge.

Photo explosion of unboxing below.
Attached Images