View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 11:01 PM   #51
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatedZ View Post

So, another member said, "Well, what's the goal?" You see, that's simple. The difficult part would be shedding all of this ridiculous weight and keeping a vehicle that not only still looks good, but is functional.
I am the guy that asked you what was the purpose and why did you want to drop weight.... I wasnt being a smat a$$ I was curious. I understand how it may have seemed that way with the tone of alot of the other posts.... I take it you are looking to make your Camaro into more of a roadtrack car? JMHO but before you do anything with weight you may want to try and set up the suspension first. Body roll and nose dive can be whats making it seem heavier than what it is.... There are quite a few companys who have done lots of work with the suspension already and they have all said that this car responds very well to different suspension set ups. Plus changing out your stock suspension will save you a few pounds. One other area you may want to consider are lighter wheels.... unsprung weight is a biggie with those huge, heavy wheels. The company's that have done suspension work and gone with lighter wheels all say that the Camaro feels much lighter on its feet afterwards. I still wouldnt say its a pig.....lol