View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 09:00 AM   #4
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
This question is directed at Scrming and anyone else that uses the Dashhawk for data and performance logging. I'll be taking my car to Heartland Raceway next week for some fun. I want to log some data from when I'm really testing the limits of my car.

What variables do you guys normally log? I normally have my Dashhawk set up for six variable display but I know you can display more. Does it log the variables you chose to display or are the variables logged specified somewhere else?

I plan to log my 0-60 times, and will also attempt to log some 1/4 mile information as well.

Any tips or advice with using Dashhawk for data logging is appreciated.

If you set it up for the 0-60 or 1/4 mile, it will only log two PIDs. Default are the o2 sensors.

If you want to data log will running at the track, let the track take care of the time/speed. I will typically data log IAT temp, knock retard, timing advance, trans temp, and maybe what the o2 sensors are up to. That gives me an idea if I'm getting heat soaked, how much power I might be losing on the big end, if the tranny is ok after hotlapping.

I guess the thing is to monitor what you think might be affecting the car's performance the most so that you can fix it later, if possible. If that makes any sense at all, lol.