View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 08:22 PM   #21
rray

Drives: 2013 GAZ 2SS/RS
I took mine apart a week ago Sunday, and after taking the meter to it figured out a solution. The funny thing is, my unit started working good again while I was testing it, so I put it back together for now.

Well this morning, the green stopped working, and the blue stays on for 15 minutes or so then it starts flickering, so I'll be taking it all apart again.

What I found is a single rectangular approx. 3mm X 6mm 3 color Common Anode LED provides illumination for the whole display. Each color (RGB) is fed by a 1K ohm resistor from the output of transistor, and those are powered from the control box where the buttons are below.

What's nice is the common anode measured +13V, and the copper clad on the board measures ground, so all that needs to be done is an SMT 10K trim pot and 1K resistor soldered to each leg of the LED, then to ground on that display board. Starting with the trim pots mid travel, you would just manually tweek them till the desired color is achieved.

For me, I will just put a 1.2K resistor on the Blue and the Green leads to ground to get a constant aqua color, always on.

I'll post a photo when I do the work, but I'm not in too much hurry to take that panel off again.

-Robert
rray is offline   Reply With Quote