View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #24
SSTOKED

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnyklr View Post
I have 15k miles on mine and haven't had a problem with water management or wet carpets.
Consider yourself lucky that they manufactured it correctly. The GM tech that replaced mine said he has successfully repaired 4 older design water bags by just relocating that fold that I show in the pics above. Yours was probably installed correctly at the factory.

Quote:
Is there a TSB on this or did the dealer do it for you?
No TSB went to any customers regarding leaks that I know of. We just have to notice the leak on our own and bring the car to the dealer. When they couldn't fix my leak by themselves and I was the persistent customer demanding latest revision hardware, they did the research and ordered the new bag after talking with the district manager.

Quote:
Also, I have never had an issue with the 5 bow and this car has had the top up and down many times. Mostly down than up.
I'm not up to speed on the 5th bow issue. I know my dealer replaced it during their attempts to fix the leak but that was during the dark 22 days of my life when I didn't have my car.

Quote:
Just wondering if this is something I should address with my SM when I take it in this month to the the Gen III design of the top installed.

My thought, if it's not broke not worth fixing.
Are you saying you are getting a new Gen III top? If you are happy with yours, I would probably leave it alone and keep your eye on it. I doubt they will change it if you aren't having problems. Definitely check it before the end of the warranty.
Complete rebirth 8/27/2012 (new 6/27/2012 revision top installed, new carpet, new tonneau cover and new third brake light)

MODS:
Solo Performance Exhaust: Axle Back with J-Pipes
SSTOKED is offline   Reply With Quote