View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 12:53 PM   #34
blaSSt

Drives: 98 SS, 15 COPO, 09 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
The car was upgraded to an RS by my dealership before I took delivery...so the original window sticker from the factory does not read RS.

Like it or not...the RS package is just that...a package. You're car either has it or it doesn't. How many people do you think ask "where was that RS package installed at?"

And sorry...but ultimately...I don't guess I really give a crap whether YOU believe me.
What a dealer does does not change what the car is. It is not a RS because the factory did not build it. You admit it was not built as an RS, so it is not. Your own words:http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=895

This debate about misrepresenting cars has gone on for a long time. A former Dallas resident (Doug Hasty, Unique Performance) spent time in prison for it. Granted it's like comparing stealing a stick of bubble gum to bank robbery, but the principle still applies. Fraud is fraud.

Somebody, takes a 69 6 cyl. Camaro and makes a perfect copy of a COPO. As a COPO clone it's worth $50-$75K. An original COPO $150-$250K+. The car is not a COPO, try selling it as an original, get caught, you probably go to jail.

4th gen Camaro Z28's were easy to make into SS. Hood, Wheels, Spoiler, badges... They are still Z28's not SS's

It goes on and on.

You have a great car and a lot to be proud of. Lying about the car is does not change that. Be proud of what you have and what you have done.