View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #13
08-G35s/6MT

Drives: racecars
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Ive driven an SI before. Are you lowered?

Basically the SI will feel more nimble and be more responsive to steering because of the weight difference. You do feel the weight in the Camaro but at the same time the weight is much more balanced.

Once you get used to the weight i think you will find its a much better handling car.

The biggest kicker for me and what you will notice is how much fwd/rwd effects handling.

Trying to power out of a corner with fwd is horrible, you lose so much power around turns because the car simply cant put it down. Rwd is SOOO much more smooth and you can really power yourself out of corners and through them.

You also dont get any of that terrible torque steer.

Despite almost 1000 pounds of weight difference, no one who knows their stuff would actually take an SI(stock) over even a 2010 V6 Camaro(stock) around a road course or track. The difference between fwd and rwd for handling is that serious.

Good luck getting your car! I think youll be extremely happy even if you get the 6 over your SI.
The only FWD car I would ever own would be a Prelude Type-SH with torque vectoring ATTS......
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote