View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 09:30 AM   #1
bob2the2nd

Drives: CGM 2LT RS
almost as 10k miles (9800)... my thoughts

got my car at the very end of June (2LT RS CGM) and since then I have put on 9800 miles, and I didnt have for the month of October when I was away on business I would wait for 10k to write this but I have almost stopped driving for the year (damn maryland winters and summer only tires), and I only anticipate 2/3 more very short trips the rest of the year till it goes into the garage.

This car is a beast and there is no other way to say it. Even still it gets the looks, everyone still gathers around it at parking lots, its just a joy. But we all know those things.

For those of you looking at how miles effect different aspects of the car.

Gas Mileage: I still have yet to see any real pattern in gas mileage. I have gotten as high as 31 (all highway), I have averaged for probably a third of the tanks around 27, half the tanks around 25, and some tanks 22-25. Almost all of them, except maybe the 31, and the very low ones, were the same style of driving; lots of cruising around, lots of open roads with 50-60 MPH (though when taken to work its 60-70 for a good 40 miles). Its weird, and there is no other way around it. there are tanks where I will absolutely lay on the gas and still get 27 MPG, there are other times I stay off the accelerator and only get 24. I have no idea how to explain it and im a damn engineer. I think part of it has to do with place you get your gas from, maybe weather, maybe style of driving the previous tank, and maybe if your car just is feeling thirsty.

Exhaust: Factory exhaust. As the car as gotten some more miles the exhaust note has seemed to get a LOT deeper and richer. When I first got it a lot of people noted that it didnt really sound that great, i believe the term "import" was used a couple of times. Now however it sounds fantastic. I can now pretty much drowned out a low volume song with the windows and sunroof closed on a good acceleration.

Oil: I got the oil changed for the first time at 3k miles with just regular oil (non synthetic) and according to the oil gauge it looks like I can get up to about 13k miles if i really wanted to with the oil before needing more. Though Ill probably change it when I pull her out of the garage in the spring.

Other than a single mysterious sound when the car shifts out of first into second for the first time, while giving it very little gas I have had absolutely no concerns about the car that are not known. (of note that issue has been looked at by the dealer and they got it to make the noise but have no idea what it is and they said if it gets worse bring it in... that was mid July-still occasionally makes the noise but isnt getting worse)

I got the spoiler nuts locked on at the end of July-early August by my dealer after one fell off, I still havent gotten the radio bulletin upgrade (scheduled to do that Wed before thanksgiving-the day I park her) so the radio will still occasionally freeze up (I have experienced it 4 times). But other than that this car is a dream.

and because everyone loves story time, one of the best stories so far. Last weekend I was driving around a very expensive area around Annapolis. I ended up passing a Lambo coming at me (who gave a thumbs up), and then shortly there after ended up with a new ferrari behind me for about 15 miles. Dude was just as impressed with my car as I was with his. He kept urging me to lay on the engine and fly around so he could catch up. As we parted he gave a thumbs up... i was too shocked to move.

1100: 11-29-08
6000: 6-29-09
cracked windshield: 7-1-09
1000 miles 7-4-09
windshield replaced: 7-9-09
2000 miles 7-10-09 (yep 2000 miles in 11 days)
3000 miles 7-16-09
4000 miles 7-30-09
bob2the2nd is offline   Reply With Quote