View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 04:22 PM   #126
MadMaxx
Master of the V6

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
Erm..were back on topic actually...116# Anywho, what is choking it down ? I thought that the new V6 breath pretty well...they do come with dual exhaust from the factory correct ? It could be a break in...but I guess it depends on just how bogged it is.
I'm going off the rather rich AF mix as the choke point. The stock duel exhaust isn't all that bad from my initial inspection of it. Mandrel bent, 2.25" true duel w/ a X pipe near the front. Now... does this have 2 main cats then some resonators, or are there 4 actual cats?

The ausie guys tend to run 2.25" from what I'm reading... oh, and the stock muffler is fracking UGLY underneath weld wise :(

Other easy power mods -- gutting the stock airbox and good flowing filter. I'd like to put this el-chepo mod against a full CAI (which from the pics I've seen of mockups, aren't actually CAI rather high flow filters and heat shields). Would be kinda fun to pull the small plate off the wheel well and draw cold air from the bottom of the car... but the liquid/debris problem might be an issue hehe...
MadMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote