View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 02:57 AM   #23
CasperZL1

Drives: 2013 White ZL1 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottledbird68 View Post
I didn’t have to drill any new holes on the wb itself. I used the holes they provided. I didn’t have to cut anything either. All I did was carefully measure to find the center point, slide it up and down while pushing tight against the wing to find a height that looked “right” (tough to describe, pretty easy to see when you’re doing it), mark my hole locations on painters tape like they recommend, and basically follow the instructions from there.
Only “fudging” I had to do was in regards to placement. The bottom curve is slightly different than it would be if it were made for a convertible. Find your center, and make sure to push the whole thing flush to find where it looks right. Two sets of hands will make that easier, although I did it alone, but I have 20 years of auto body experience so I suppose that helps me with panel alignment lol. Other than that only extra issue was forcing the nutsert on the outermost edge of the passenger side by the antenna.
Truthfully if I didn’t tell you it wasn’t technically made for a convertible you’d never really know. So I say go for it. I believe it was the standard one I used. Same one they give the link for in this thread 😎
Good luck! I say go for it. Just be careful. Measure three times, drill once lol.

Awesome will do thanks for your time!
CasperZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote