View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 09:25 AM   #87
Supercup
Life Is Short Enjoy It!

Drives: Original Owner 15 Z/28 #934
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28monster View Post
14-15 Z/28 truly paved the momentum for GM Camaro Engineers to push the envelope of Camaro performance into the future.

The Z/28 truly shocked everybody, from performance car writers, to Porsche guys, corvette guys, dodge guys, volvo guys and everything in-between.

It was about total performance and capability, uniqueness, and beauty all wrapped into one...the Z/28.

I don't need to itemized the lists of things the Z/28 possess

In essence, the Z/28 gave birth rights to your 1LE, the ZL1 and the ZL1 1LE, and ignited the Camaro brand into the future as a legit performance car/brand.

:
These are all very pointed and correct statements. The Z/28 is not the end all, but it was the beginning of a new era of "Performance Camaro's". What the Z/28 is, is a total package with a unique motor, which will set it apart long term from other performance Camaro's.

I agree it did shock the establishment of writers and other car makers - Ford followed suite with the GT 350 and 350R - total packages, bad @$$ cars at a value price! I have been a hard Core Porsche guys since I could first afford one back in 1991 and had GT3's, GT2's, GT3 RS, GT4 and multiple different Factory Cup cars, but never even considered Chevrolet for anything other than a tow vehicle until the Z/28 came along.

190 different parts from the SS 1LE - that is a lot of changes!

The Gen 6 SS 1LE, ZL1 and ZL1 1LE have followed up with what the Z/28 started for Chevrolet with more great performance packages. This all bodes well for the future of "fun" cars! Competition will push all mfg.'s to be better. GM and Ford are pushing the ball uphill fast and at the price point they offer these cars the exotic mfg's are paying close attention!
Supercup is online now   Reply With Quote