View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 04:55 PM   #11
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
cai

This kinda happened during the spare tire adventure. We were still in the hotel and I didn’t have any tools. Seeing the CAI sitting there was driving me crazy, I wanted to put it on. So I put the CAI box in the car (passenger front seat as it would not fit in the trunk) and went to Home Depot. Parked under a tree, w a y far away from the entrance and went in to buy a nut driver and an allen wrench set. Got the CAI installed in the shade of the tree, more nice memories.
When I first fired up the car, it stumbled and then settled down. But I got the dreaded CEL (check engine light), crud! Got online and emailed the manufacturer and learned that with the added airflow the computer had to “relearn” air fuel combinations. So I should disconnect the battery, just like the instructions said to do. Now, I read the directions thoroughly and carefully, I did notice that they included the step to disconnect the battery. I thought, why???? I am not going to do anything with the electrical system and I don’t want to have to reprogram the radio channels. So I left the battery hooked up. WRONG. I disconnected the battery, let it sit for a bit and then reconnected it. Set the clock and cycled the windows and all good! The radio did not have to be reset

RELATED ITEM: I lucked out because the car came with one of the “good” MAF sensors!

before and after:
Attached Images

Last edited by h018871; 01-30-2014 at 05:00 PM.
h018871 is offline   Reply With Quote