Thread: Z/28 Parts List
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 11:00 AM   #7
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Quote:
Originally Posted by radrace19 View Post
Are you just wanting to see the price of the DSSV dampers? I don't think you will be able to install them, just for the fact that they will be electronically run by the car. Only the 2nd production car to ever come equipped with them other than the Aston Martin.

The knuckle is #31 in this pic
Attachment 549396

I'm guessing GM lists a different part number for the rear knuckles is because they will come with different bushings installed from any other Camaro currently offered.
-Greg
AWESOME! Thank you Greg. Yes, the knuckle is what I thought it was but you make an excellent observation that I had not considered because I did not know GM put the bushings into it so the graphic was very helpful for me to understand the Camaro IRS. You are probably correct but it would be cool to know for sure? I know Porsche like the back of my hand but am now learning Chevy. Porsche puts all the control arm bushes into the arms themselves, and only the lower shock mount bushing is located on the carrier (knuckle).

Yes, I was just curious for curiosity's sake on the DSSV pricing. There is no electronics in them that I am aware of. The high/low speed (compression/rebound) is controlled mechanically (pressures/spool valve), but it is certainly possible other factors could affect retrofit onto other Camaro models.

Great posts, wonderful to see some facts!

PS- Is rear toe adjustable on the Camaro IRS? Or just camber/caster? If so, which link acts as the Toe Control Arm?
Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote