View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 02:08 AM   #1325
Vulpine
'the Outcast'

Drives: N/A
Exclamation WARNING...RED TIDE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
I usually do not talk alot of smack about college football, try to given an honest non-biased opinion.....

BUT

This past weekend I like many watched a ton of football, especially the 76 Iron Bowl between Alabama and Auburn.

Auburn looked like a high school team. 2 mistakes allowed Auburn 14 point....Kinda funny they had 31 total yards, 1 first down and 14 points and 44 total yards through 3 qtrs......Alabama was pissed from last year and they took it out on an unmatched Auburn team...the score could have been way worse if we would have continued to throw the ball and not tried to burn the clock. Auburn had their magical run last year but it is over maybe for another 57 years.

It now appears that an LSU-Alabama rematch will happen and the debate will start about OSU and Alabama's one loss. OSU was favored by 28 points to an unranked team and lost, Alabama was favored by 5 and lost to the #1 team in same fashion as OSU.....To me OSU loss was worse.

College football needs a playoff just like the FCS, but until then this is what we have like it or hate it. Money rules in alot of decisions just as this one...as soon as they can make it financially more viable than bowl games then we will have it.

For me I like the bowl games...kind of a miny vacation in the winter. I enjoy going to see other schools that I do not normally see, meeting different people and having a good time. But that is just me......BUT when a school makes 17 million dollars from 1 game in the BCSNCCG, yes 17 MILLION that is alot of hot dogs.......

A week to go and we will see how it all shakes out and if Bama does not go to the BCSNCCG then they only have themselves to blame, just like OSU, Stanford, VT etc........Personally I think Alabama would win against all those teams but we will never know.
I'm disappointed no one gave *snaps* to Georgia Southern for the lesson they taught Alabama the prior week which probably got them even more ready to play Auburn. Hell, GSU put up more rushing yards against them than any BCS team did this whole season, in fact, more than double. Do not forget the 3 TDS either that was 3 more than LSU. All and all, BAMA rematch with LSU is gonna be a killer...I predict personal penalties galour as well as more rushing yards. Perhaps even a female kicker from the BAMA soccer team!
Vulpine is offline   Reply With Quote