View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 09:58 AM   #1
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
Bucking/Skip High RPM....?

Hello guys...Ive been chasing this issue all summer long. Here the mods.
Fully forged LS3 with SLP TVS2300 supercharger 2.8 Pulley (13psi). Comp Cam 216/246/ Id 850 injectors Txplugs Alky meth injection and more.

Back to when the issue started was this past may. Went to exhaust shop and had resonators cut out on my current setup. Temps were cold, maybe 60 degrees. Wound up first about half way home and car bucked 2-3 times at high RPM under full boost. Quickly got out of it.

Over the course of the following month it was very sporadic. Brought it to my tuner. Temps were now in the 80s and it never occurred for him. Changed out plugs and ran the months of june,july and august with zero problems.

Tuesday I went back to the muffler shop and had them weld the muffler back on cause drone was killing me. Then just yesterday fired the car up. Temps outside were 86. checked my meth tank and noticed it was about 1/3 full. So i filled the tank with fresh meth.

Took it out and bucking all over top end of first again. Happened 3 times on way back home. I quickly get out of it every time. It feels like the car just shuts off then on again and i cannot figure it out at all.

I initial thought is some meth is pooling somewhere and then dumping in under boost causing the issue.

I do drive aggressively every summer, however last summer i only went through 5 gallons of meth driving 1,700 miles. This summer I'm at 1,500 miles so far and have used 11 gallons and still going.. Do i have a leak somewhere or is this possible not related and could be various things.

Car runs perfect otherwise and issue is sporadic. No lights or codes

Last edited by TRC-SS; 09-03-2018 at 11:54 AM.
TRC-SS is offline   Reply With Quote