Thread: New bumper
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 10:21 PM   #262
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagliaro View Post
I got the whole we are sorry can't help on various occassions. I'm surprised they do not stock extra parts.

My communication has been through ebay with them.

Bellypan is one and another minor issues with another insert. I offered to buy not asking for free
I'm totally turned off of their business model/customer service and willingness to help. This goes on from prior to buying with pre communication or lack there of trying to get the product.

Its too bad cause the product is quality but their communication and willingness to help is a 0. I'm turned off at this point.

Even the chinese company that makes the headlights are willing to help and communicate better with me.

The best so far with this project other than here has been my HID provider. Prolightz which are local to me. Amazing over the phone advice / service that has gotten me further along the not so plug and play headlights.

My painter hands down has also been great.
6th gen headlights.

Current issue daytime running lights not working when they should be.

I can confirm that my components Vland headlights are working, my ballasts and bulbs are working as well.

Turn signal harness is working
Drl harness is working.

2013-2014 harness is questionable if its causing the issue.

Debug.
To physically see 1 Drl ( driver side ) I have to pull the driver side harness out ( main headlight connector from 2011)

This in turn will turn off high/low beams.

To test functionality of both headlights I tested everything on drivers side.

High/low/turn signal

Turn signal works all the time.
High low work with driver side 2011 connector connected.
Drl comes on with 2011 connector unplugged.

Passenger side DRLs never come on even with unplug method.

Tested all of this with drl harness connected.

If I return to stock everything functions as normal.

The lighting shop got the high lows to work with me by running through polarity. That in turn may also be causing some issues because switching polarity means off and on get reversed.

Next step would be to note what polarity switches had to be made to get me to physically see high/low in working order.

This in turn means my headlights although I can confirm all lights firing in various states of debugging might internally be not wired correctly.

Also my main 2011 wiring harness might be defective but it works the stock rs headlights when back to stock.
Sorry your having so many problems man..if there is anything I can do to help ..let me know
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote