View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 11:57 PM   #13
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
There are some things that are distinctly American, like apple pie and muscle cars. For me memories of muscle cars stem back to when I was a kid looking at photo's in family photo albums with pictures of my Mom standing next to her '74 Camaro, and the many stories passed on by relatives of late Friday night drag races between neighborhood friends. It sounds like the begining of a novel, and well, for me at least, it is. I also get the chills when I remember the smell of fumes spewing out of old and now all but few far and inbetween first generation Mustangs and Camaro's that my Grandmothers friends bought around when i was a tiny Tim. To be specific, Muscle cars have all the style and performance of uber coupes and sedans from Europe but you get all of that awesome content at a more than reasonable price, and to boot these cars can be driven daily and you don't have to sell an organ or two just to pay for upkeep. When you listen to thrum coming from the exhaust of a brand new 650Ci coupe you remember that that's not a German sound, it's pure American muscle, distinctly American.