View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 07:34 AM   #4
gill7784

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffa View Post
I think he is referring to the BA speakers/amp system.

What I don't understand is, if you are not using an Alpine head unit, and have all these issues with the Alpine kit, it would make sense to me to just use the Scosche version.
Please don't infer that I am knocking the Alpine kit, or even the Scosche kit for that matter. Both are great alternatives to the Metra offering. I purchased the Alpine kit because I believe the lines flow better with the rest of the dash. I fully anticipated needing to do some leg work to get the kit hooked up. I just know that many others prefer the look of the Alpine over the Scosche and they will probably run into a few of the pitfalls I have. Only trying to help here.

Regarding the RCA jacks, I fully realize I can run a set of RCA's from the head unit pre-outs to the amp. However, the BA system does not have RCA inputs. The easiest way to make this work is to buy some el-cheapo RCA cables, hack off the female ends, solder the male ends to the appropriate speaker wires on the Alpine/Scosche kit and plug them into the female ends of pre-outs located on the head unit. This effectively bypasses the speaker level outputs from the head unit and eliminates the possibility of sending a noisy signal to the amp.

With that said, I'm still looking to isolate the pin out location of the light blue/yellow wire coming off the 24-pin connector of the Scosche kit.

The only good Mustang is one who was prior enlisted.
gill7784 is offline   Reply With Quote