View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 08:56 AM   #14
diddiyo

Drives: .
I work for a German logistics company here in the US, people are sending cars over to Europe all the time with us. Mostly used cars though. While I'm not directly involved in the process, I'm sure I could gather some information for you.

As far as I know, if you have legally lived in the US and have owned the car for a certain time you can write it off as a "moving item" when you're moving back to Europe (A friend of mine did just that and a lot of colleagues of mine bought new cars with the intention of taking it back to Germany in a few years). I doubt though that would work if for example your family buys the car, keeps it for half a year and then sells it to you...

*edit*
if you're from Belgium, try contacting "Autohaus Werkmeister" in Bitburg, Germany www.werkmeister.de (it's fairly close to Belgium). They're selling Cadillac/Hummer/Corvettes etc and I went there just for fun when I was in Germany over Christmas. I was only able to talk to the receptionist since the salesperson wasn't available and she knew about the Camaro, but didn't really have any info on it.

Last edited by diddiyo; 01-07-2009 at 09:30 AM.
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote