View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 08:02 PM   #53
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMBLEBEE_SS View Post
UCF WOOT I JUST CALLED MY DEALER AND MY SALESMAN SAID HE HAS STILL HEARD NOTHING. IM GETTING A LITTLE NERVOUS WITH WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT MY ORDER NOT BEING PLACED. DOES THIS MEAN IM NOT EVEN IN THAT 11 000? DOES IT MEAN THAT MY CAR WILL COME LATER THEN EVERYONE ELSES EVEN THOUGH I PUT MY DEPOSIT ON THE VEHICLE I THEORETICALLY ORDERED?
Your dealer needs to enter your order in WORKBENCH not Autobook. When he does that, you'll get a 6-digit alpha-numeric confirmation number instantly. There is no excuse for him not doing so. Go tomorrow, or call for that matter, but nicely demand he does it. If you're there, he'll give you a copy of the WORKBENCH printout- if you call, tell him to fax it to you after he enters it.

Don't freak out in the meantime, you have until Feb 15th, not that I would wait. Nobody has any official Chevy "position" yet- even me who ordered day one, October 13th. Cars will be delivered in the order the dealer tells GM to do it. GM will tell them next Friday (maybe different in CA ?) how many of what style they can order for March delivery. I would expect that not many dealers will even be able to order any for March. Then it's solely up to the dealer to decide which of the orders he has in hand to match to what GM is allowing him to order. You could be first in line and he could order the 12th guy's car, identical to yours, before yours. You have to trust your dealer to do the right thing. Sucks, but that's the way it is.
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote