View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 02:47 PM   #6
Indy Bumble Bee

Drives: Beest
December 2009 I was 243 lb... I was a poor post college grad with no money eating totinos pizza and ramon noodles haha. Cheap but bad diet. I started eating a restricted 2000-2200 calorie diet. I am now 197 after 2 and half years but it has been rocky. Here is my advice...

1) 95% is what you eat. You need to eat less than you than what your body needs to maitain in order to lose weight.
2) Weght training and cardio... You burn calories several hours after weight training as with cardio you burn calories during. People like p90x for this reason. It is a combination of the two.
3) Mental toughness is the most important aspect of losing weight. You must really want it!!! I mean really! Read quotes to motivate you, listen to music, look at pictures you want to look like. It is a lifetime change not a summer change.

I lift weights for 45 min. 4-5x a week. Back and bis, chest and tris, legs, traps and delts. This way I hit each one hard once a week with adequate rest time. 15-20 min of cardio every other day. The days I am not doing cardio I do abs.

I eat 5-6 meals a day, 300-500 calories each, water water water!

I dont take supplements now BUT! Preworkouts are important if you are sluggish...Jack3d worked great for me! Creatine is important. I didn't like to drink my protein, I would rather get it from meals, but drink protein shakes if you dont have time for a meal...(ALSO,drink Casein at night as it is a slower digesting protein and is better for before sleep. Cottage cheese is also a slower digesting protein).

Thats a start... I hope this helps and doesn't confuse haha
Indy Bumble Bee is offline   Reply With Quote