View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 07:52 AM   #1
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
So, what would you do....?

My wife and I are looking to buy a house in the next few months and were calculating up our expenses, income, etc, etc. The topic then switched from once we buy the house, she wants to devote as much of our disposable income towards paying off her car. After that, the student loans.

I told her I didn't care as long as I still get to buy a Camaro in the next 2 years. Then she brought up a good point. If I held off on buying the Camaro for 5 years we could devote that payment to paying off the student loans and we would be completely debt free (less the mortgage) in 5 years (Between the two of us we have about $65,000 in student loans).

The financially responsible side of me is saying... yeah, I really SHOULD do that. But the other side of me that has wanted a Camaro since I saw it in February of 2006 is saying SHUT THE HELL UP!

I already know what I am going to do, so i am not asking what you think I should do, but was just curious as to what you would do if you were/are in this sitution as well... So what would you do?
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote