View Single Post
Old 05-13-2021, 11:30 AM   #7
GCguy2169

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by morepowerjoe View Post
I'm using the comp cams needle bearings. I wonder if this is going to happen to mine. I mean their good enough for Nascar.
I called BTR and talked with them about why trunnions fail. Truth be told, there are too many variables to consider. Where things torqued correctly? Not enough spring pressure? Oiling issues? Etc.

I also called Comp Cams (which is what I have now) and they basically said sorry not sorry in the nicest way possible. With 40% of my trunnions failing after 2 years I’m a little upset they weren’t interested in more details but, that’s what happens when companies get too big these days. The customer service takes a hit. Brian Tooley Racing (Paul) was more than willing to talk with me for 10-15 minutes about an issue concerning me and my car. Definitely speaks volumes about them already.
-BTR Stage 4 Cam, ID850 Injectors, E-85 Tuned, Corsa Xtreme Exhaust , Kooks 1 7/8 Headers, Melling Performance Oil Pump, ATI Super Damper, BMR Suspension: Sway Bars, Trailing Arms, 1” Lowering Springs, Differential Bushings, Rx Ported and Polished Throttle Body, VIS Racing Carbon Fiber Hood, Custom Painted - Body Kit, Entire Vehicle, ZL1 Addons Wicker Bill, MRR 20” Wheels, Powerstop Brakes, Koni SRT.T Shocks and Struts
GCguy2169 is offline   Reply With Quote