Thread: Brake ducts
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015, 03:48 AM   #255
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
GM, particularly the Camaro TEAM, have strict guidelines in place regarding intellectual property. IF a GM engineer were to mention something about a GM project to me, it would certainly not appear on Camaro5. It is my understanding that disclosing such information could cost an engineer their job. I will not comment or reply to your post or posts by anyone that cover any form of information from GM not in the public domain. Just as I choose how to handle my professional relationships, you are free to to leverage your working relationships in any way you see
I am well aware of how it works with the OEs and even more aware of your "relationship" with GM than you think. The difference is that I am just an enthusiast looking for real data that I can use on the track to reduce lap times and have nothing to sell, market or hype.

Back to my question, and I can be more specific. What data do you have to support the choice of location of the ducts besides a money back guarantee? And with that, how does this duct placement effect vehicle dynamics? The concern is anytime you redirect air around or in this case through the front fascia there is a direct correlation to vehicle stability, down force, lift Etc.

This is a similar question I asked the suppliers of the a-la-Z/28 style wing extensions that are selling them for the 10-13 spoiler. What are they doing for the front to offset the added down force in the rear of a car that already has lift at speed. These questions often go unanswered as they are either not considered, not understood or ignored so they can continue making money on claims of performance and reduced lap times.

You have been more than generous and supportive to the Camaro community here over the years, but I prefer to see data over claims of improvement with money back guarantees.