View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 11:40 AM   #9
StPeteHyper2.0

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
Im really starting to like this intercooler. I'm sure with your performance grill speeding up the air passing through, you should't ever have a problem with that location. Im still doing some comparison testing, but just the grill alone with the stock intercooler has showed some obvious improvement between ambient air temp VS iat's when moving. I bet your numbers look phenomenal while in motion!
It's a good option.. and the grille I swapped long ago while installing the oil cooler last spring. I don't have any comparison temp measurements, but It looks so much better. Being in FL, I was more focused on controlling the heat and we love our A/C down here too. Therefore I choose this route.

Since I have the oil cooler sitting up front at about 180 deg, the ac condenser, then intercooler.. my outlet IATs consistently stay at about 20 deg above ambient no matter how long I drive or how hard I goose it. Even when I've been WOT, the outlets temps lower rather than rise. The air diverter in the inlet side really seems to do the trick. The wing span of this IC gets fully utilized where as the stock doesn't. Only other thing I can say is it requires 2 hands to hold this IC. The stock IC you can pick up with 2 fingers

Attached Images

StPeteHyper2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote