View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 01:25 PM   #633
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28 HLR View Post
I have yet to see a single Z/28 owner who is unhappy with his car or purchase and has buyer's remorse. As owners, we are the only ones who can decide if it was a good purchase or not. So why is it that non-Z/28 owners seem compelled to express their lack of knowledge and knock what we all deemed (as actual owners) as a well educated purchase?? We don't go over to the ZL-1 or Corvette threads and knock them, whether we feel it was a good purchase or not. Even if it was an impulsive, I-have-the-money-to-buy-this-toy-now, who's business is it, really?? Isn't any sports car a juvenile, I-want-to-have-fun purchase? For the record, right here, on the Z/28 thread, I hate Corvettes, they haven't built a nice one since 1967. They've completely lost their purpose and keep jamming them with gadgets over gadgets. You'd be better off buying a Caddy. Although I appreciate other cars, see the reasoning behind owning them, they're just not for me. But I certainly won't knock you for having one. It would be boring if they were all the same. This is where some car guys miss the big picture and feel justifying themselves is done through insulting others. Can't you be happy with what you've got or is it simply penis envy? Something for you and your psychologist to figure out. Amazingly in the aviation world you don't see this type of animosity. When you land at an airport and get talking with other pilots, it doesn't matter if they flew in on a 2 seater Cessna 152 or a 12 seater Citation jet, it's all the love of flying. I like old Cuda's, appreciate the 707 horsepower of the new Hellcat and understand why some still buy Mustangs. They are fun to see and talking to the owner's to get their stories is always good. Wow..... Nonetheless, if something happened to my Z/28 today, I'd go back out and buy another one tomorrow, no matter what any bonehead speaks up and says about it.
Can't argue with anything you said here. Well, perhaps with the exception that to me, a C5 was the last "uber" Corvette. Albeit I wouldn't refuse a C6 ZR1 either Indeed, your analogy to the aviation world is parallel to track junkies: nobody looks down on anyone regardless of what they drive. New or old, fast or slow and regardless of make.
The passion for motorsports is what unites people at the track. That has been my experience for many years now. But it is comments by car owners who brag about their car being faster x seconds over another car based on automotive media reviews that gets me going. Especially when such comparos are done against outdated, or "convenient" results, or with no regard to what most track folks do as far as tire selections and other consumables like rotors, pads, fluids, etc.
Let's just be happy and enjoy what we have. No reason to have to justify anything, or play an arm chair race expert, or believe everything that marketing "machines" spew out. OTOH if folks want to engage in such theoretical discussions, well, others may have other opinions. And that's only fair (to all concerned). Would I pay MSRP for a Z/28? No. Would i like to have one? Absolutely! I have the same opinion of the ATS-V btw, which i think is one of the best cars that GM has produced lately. I hope the new Camaro ups the ante
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote