View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 01:45 AM   #1
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
muffler delete with xpipe and no resonators, first imprseeions

so i already had the delete done and was curious to find out other peoples experiences with the tru xpipe (non resonated) on a muffler delete - and there didnt seem to be too much info, so i'll throw mine out there...

so on goes the x pipe (again non resonated one) and off come my stock resonators (M6 LS3). so whats the difference in sound???

well i would say the popping is no worse and may be less. sound itself seems to possibly have toned a bit deeper while not getting a lot louder either - that is until you are on it...around 4k this thing is screaming pretty well!!! but i would not say raspy at all - at least not what i hear.

over all, i think the best way to describe the addition of the xpipe is the sound is a bit more refined and cleaner. it almost gives the impression thats its reving quicker through the rpm range as well.

i didnt notice any additional drone at all vs the muffler delete (which didnt give much to begin with). i am happy i went with this. i was worried it would sound like crap without a resonator of some type, but nope, sounds pretty bad ass to me. this was with the magnaflow tru x pipe.

and the shop that did it did top notch work, for a great price, just like my muffler delete - rogers exhaust in fontana - they get it done right!
caper is offline   Reply With Quote