View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 07:47 PM   #33
nitrokid

Drives: 69 Camaro RS/Z28
I think the Camaro's success will mainly depend on how closely the production model will resemble a retro camaro(1967-1969),as it stands right now,GM's designers and engineers have yet to accomplish this feat.

In retrospect look at the 1967-69 Mustang,by far the most popular and favorite era of the mustang ever produced...bar none!,with the emphasis on the "fastback"version.

...and i might add Chryslers(Dodge,Plymouth)Challenger,Cuda,again the most popular and favorite era of muscle cars(1970-71),as far as the pony car era(no offense intended)

I live less than 10 miles from the Flat rock Michigan assembly plant that produces the Ford Mustang,as it stands right now Ford has their employees working 12 hour a day,7 days a week to meet the demand of the mustang.That right their says alot!

When the Camaro was debuted at the 2006 Auto show,the public was in total Awe of the Concept camaro,how-ever i believe the actual interest in the car was generated due to the fact that the car resembled the 67-69 camaro era,not that it was a Concept car,and i think GM thinks the exact opposite.

Which in turn if that is the way the Concept camaro is headed(emphasis on concept vs.retro)I think GM is goona be behind the eight ball when it comes to overall acceptance and popularity of the new camaro vs the Challenger and Mustang.
nitrokid is offline   Reply With Quote