View Single Post
Old 02-13-2024, 09:27 PM   #28
Trawz

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by morepowerjoe View Post
Definitely sounds like a pressure relief valve issue to me like Aqua Blue said but only at the high rpm area. I plugged mine when my engine was apart a long time ago and have since seen oil pressure up to 80 psi with my Melling pump. As for the idle pressure goes it sounds like your bearing clearances have gotten a little loose and your only option there is to step up to a higher volume pump or rebuild with oversize bearings which I would just replace the pump because it's a heck of a lot cheaper.
Very interesting. Been wondering and asking around about this issue for a bit and was convinced it was the oil pump on it way out.
I had been paranoid about the oil pressures and quality for a while and 3 days after I took that picture at the track day, I did an oil change to see if there was any trace of glitter in the oil or oil filter.
None. Everything looked normal.
Never goes past 3,000 mi between oil changes ever since I bought it.
The pressure relief valve is a appealing one to look into!
Corsa Extreme cat-back, Speed Engineering LT Headers with black ceramic coating, C7 Z06 Front Brake Upgrade, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, BMR Tunnel Brace, Mishimoto Oil Catch Can, MSD Plug Wires, Mishimoto Radiator and Hoses.
Trawz is offline   Reply With Quote