View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 10:56 AM   #11
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossamer View Post
if i already have a ported TB and your spacer/intake for 72mm, is there any real benefit to going to 80mm?

Also can i modify the intake manifold on the car to properly fit the 80mm?
I honestly can't give you a good answer to that question. People claim to have noticed a difference when going from a ported TB to the 80mm, but I've seen no hard data. Will claims an 11hp gain from the 80mm, based on a 2013 impala going to an 80mm TB.

The manifold can be modified, we raise the floor for a 72mm TB for a smooth transition, it can all be ground/sanded out and the opening opened up to match the 80mm. You can certainly do it yourself, but if you wanted to send it in to us to do it, the cost is $90 with free return shipping for us to modify it (Most of the cost covers the return shipping as they're not exactly cheap to ship).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnhowe84 View Post
did i see somewhere that the LFX TB bolts up to the LLT no prob? Didnt Magnumforce do this?
You'll have to contact Will about that, I know there is a 76mm option he offers, and I've heard there is an 80mm option that works, but the LFX 80mm kit we stock is not a direct bolt on to the LLT due to wiring/connector differences.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote