View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 04:53 AM   #2
GT Kilr

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS
For strictly a daily, a supercharger is going to be about as good as it gets. You have to be pretty hardcore to actually daily turbo car. My car has low mounted twins, and I honestly haven't driven it enough to comment on issues with rain. I did stumble across a thread here where a guy with the AGP kit sucked up a bunch of water but he did not have the cold air kit that places the filters behind the fender and fender liner. Regarding your two options, there is very little maintenance involved with a supercharger, besides gear oil every so often. Once you bolt it on and go, thats pretty much it. Instant torque, and simplicity are the key points here. On the turbo side, the heat generation is immense, even in my setup, but it's not really an issue since it's under the car. I am one of the lucky ones, because I have oil-less turbo's, but any oil fed turbo will likely cause more frequent oil changes, which may be more difficult due to the placement of piping. I have to loosen two T bolt clamps to take my oil filter off. On the plus side, the car will be as tame as it ever was until you put your foot in it, and when you do, there is this awesome slingshot effect from the huge surge of torque once full boost comes in. The potential for more power is also much greater without worry of heat soak or over spinning the rotor pack. Adjustability is also a strong point, controlling boost is as simple as a $75 Turbosmart Boost Tee. It just depends on your tolerance level. If you can live with the relative complexity and maintenance needs of a turbo car, by all means, go for it, mine is a blast. A supercharger, whether it be TVS, Twin Screw, or a Centrifugal, will be much simpler and easier to live with. I plan on daily driving my car as much as possible and my setup is definitely heavily race oriented. I have a 3700 Circle D converter in a stock 6L80, forged bottom end 377 with twin oil-less 62's via a Huron speed twin kit. It made 560whp on a mustang dyno with a conservative break-in tune, at only 7psi, on straight 93 pump gas. The only thing that has changed from being stock to now that affected drivability is the converter. So, it all comes down to tolerance level and intended use, really. If its a true daily, I'd go with a Procharger.
GT Kilr is offline   Reply With Quote