View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 12:53 PM   #1
tuki3388

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2Ls
*HELP*Misfire Codes Continue to Occur

This is a question to anyone who can help me shed some light on this. I have a 2012 2ls Camaro. I' at roughly 44k miles and have a GM PP warranty still on the car.Cylinder 3 is misfiring, i've swapped coil packs from cylinder 3 - 6 and it still occurs. I've taken it to the dealership for years now and finally two months back they stated that carbon build up was the reason for my misfire codes in the cylinder. They replaced a coil pack and cleaned the carbon out per the GM techs orders. Back not even a year after I purchased the vehicle in 2013 cylinder 3 had misfire codes. The tech and the GM dealer replaced the coil pack on the cylinder in question and everything was fine for a time. Then the code came back randomly for a few years and if it did happen I could never get it to occur for the dealership. So I finally was fed up with it. Now its happening again after all of this and they charged me 335$ for the carbon cleaning stating that it was wear and tear. Which is understandable. Can anyone offer some advice? I'm in my last year of college and cant afford to keep dropping 300$ every two months to have them clean carbon deposits.
tuki3388 is offline   Reply With Quote