View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 06:56 PM   #70
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonybyram View Post
Kinda off topic, Not trying to hi-jack this thread either, just need a question answered... Does Granatelli still own the Turbine powered Camaro? It was a 67-68 as I recall? The whole underside was an exhaust as wide as the car! Talk about heat build up! Is this car still around, does Granatelli still own it? Yes I remember the turbines at Indy, saw them in person! Is Vince still around?
We still own the turbine 67 Indy car / we still own the 68 Turbine built by Collin Chapman of Lotus Race Cars. I think you are referring to my cousin who built a 81 Corvette with a Turbine engine for Herb Orliwitz. Herb sold the car to Reggie Jackson who then sold it to Dick Clark. Now I have no idea who owns it. We never did build a Turbine Camaro - However, I drove a twin turbo Camaro in 1982 which ran at El Mirage - 229 mph and Bonneville at 269 and then drove the car home and to school everyday for the rest of the year. We still own the car and still drive it every once in a while - it still has a cell phone in it and the A/c blows cold.

There are 2 Vinces - Vince my Cousin and Vince my uncle brother to Andy

I was born in 67 and I know of no 68 Turbine Camaro

Last edited by Granatelli; 05-06-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote