View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 09:41 PM   #8
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy SATX View Post
Pedders solution B. Rear set hard, front normal (older sway bar with only three options). I was told better autocross setting is soft front hard in the back. So I have Xa coilovers and maybe just raise the stance some? Looks like I had some rub after the event.
With the OEM tires I don't think you'll have any rubbing issues. When you look in the inner wheel well do you have rubber marks? In terms of your settings that is 100% correct. You want to run it soft in the front and stiffer in the rear. The settings will be dependent on the surface as well as the course but that is the beauty of having a fully adjustable suspension. The picture below is my car loaded on the track and even with the OEM tires tucked I'm not rubbing. If the tire is rolling over it might appear like you have a rub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sting808 View Post
I have the same. SwaybarB, FR=Soft, RR stiff. XA set to 12/10. Running CCW 20x10,20x11.5 using Invo 275/40 & 315/35. Car dropped around 1". Still looks good while address most driveway/curbs. Car has minimal body roll compared to stock.

Front
-1.0* camber (now -1.2*)
6.8* caster
.something toe(can't remember, but near stock)

Rear
0* camber
0* toe

No fender tire rub, but had to fill to 45 psi to address soft sidewalls. Car still understeers. Will be trying softer front and stiffer rear dampening to see if that helps understeer. Last solo course was slalom city.
I would suggest 8-12 front and 15-20 rear on the damping settings depending on the course and surface; tire compound also plays into these settings as well. I generally run 28-34 PSI depending on the surface with the OEM tires. It looks like you have aftermarket wheels and tires, what are you running?

I would also run the following alignment settings:

Front
-1.2* to -1.5* camber
-1/16" - 1/8" toe-in
7.5* to 8.5* caster

Rear
-.8* to -1.0* camber
0 to -1/16" toe-in

These setting will help your tire roll over issue and you'll have better overall corner grip. You have to be careful with rear camber as too much will affect the ability to put power down. Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote