View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 06:43 AM   #7
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Spare Wheel Spacer

Being nutty for wheels I run two different sets of wheels on my 2014 Camaro. I have the original 20" factory as well as a set of 21". This causes a bit of a dilemma when it comes to a spare tire.

When the girl is wearing her 21" shoes I put an inflator kit in the trunk.

When she decides to show off her 20" shoes I put the spare doughnut back into the spare compartment.

I do have "Brembo" brakes also, yes this would be a problem as the spare wheel will not go over the Brembo calipers.

From EBay I purchased a "hub centric & wheel centric" 2" spacer. This spacer has 14 X 1.5MM studs, conical seats and with nuts. For the 2" I paid $44.99 shipped.

There is an EBay seller that has 1.5" thick spacers and advertising they also will clear the Brembo calipers, his selling price is $44.88 with $6.95 shipping. Seller is located out of Marshfield, Massachusetts.

Though I have never had to use my spare I did mount the spacer and spare just to make sure everything worked as advertised, it did.

Granted I would not be driving for long distance nor at march-1 with a doughnut spare.

I will also attach a picture of the one that is for sale on EBay, mine looks exactly like this but 2" and mine came out of Florida.

Hope this helps.
Attached Images